What You Need:
- 2 Cups fresh corn kernels (about 3 ears of corn)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 Cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 Cup milk
- 2 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F
- On a sauce pan melt the butter and throw in the onion. Cook until the onion is slightly translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the corn so that it combines with the sauteed onions and then remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl combine the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, salt, pepper, cilantro, and cayenne pepper. Whisk to combine well.
- Add the corn-onion mixture to the egg mixture, and combine.
- Pour the pudding into a greased pan/ baking dish.
- Place in oven for 40 minutes. Allow pudding to rest for 15 minutes before serving.