This is one of those meals that hits the spot!
What You Need:
• 4 Bell Peppers
• Ground beef or turkey
• 1 ½ Tablespoons of oil
• ¼ Cup of Vegetable or beef stock (if you don’t have just use water)
• 1 large tomato
• 1 cup of pureed tomato
• 1 onion, chopped finely
• 1 carrot, chopped finely
• 3 cloved of garlic, chopped finely
• 1 Teaspoon Rosemary
• 1 Teaspoon Thyme
• 1 Teaspoon Oregano
• 4 Tablespoons bread crumbs
• 2 Tablespoons Parmesan or Pecorino Regiano
• 1 teaspoon Salt
• Pepper, to liking
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat , heat the oil.
3. Add the onion, garlic, and carrots. Cook until the onion becomes a transparent color, about 7 minutes.
4. Add the ground beef.
5. With a wooden spoon stir. Let the meat cook until it becomes golden and all the juices have been absorbed (so make sure it looks a bit dry).
6. Add the water, tomato, tomato puree, rosemary, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir every once in a while and let cook for about 15 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, take the clean red pepper and cut the top off by taking your knife and vertically cutting around the stem. By doing so you can just pull up the top and the seeds will be attached. Make sure there are no seeds left inside.
8. Place the peppers directly onto a stovetop that is on medium heat. With tongs turn the pepper so that each side cooks for a bit (the skin can look a little blackened, that’s ok)
9. Once the ground beef mixture is cooked (make sure it doesn’t look like a sauce), using a spoon stuff the red peppers and place on aluminum foil.
10. Brush some olive oil onto the pepper.
11. In a small bowl mix the bread crumbs and cheese.
12. Place a tablespoon of the breadcrumb mix on each of the peppers.
13. Bake for 25 minutes.