I love a room filled with candles, whether it’s with friends or your partner, it just sets the mood.
Let’s say you get into the idea of setting this scene.. You realize how quaint the atmosphere becomes.
Next party you remember how great everything went and you decide that you want the feeling again and run to cupboard to get out the glass votive (candle) holders to find them filled with ¾ used candles and think “Ok that’s not gonna last the night, have to replace it with a new candle.”
That’s when the struggle begins…
What to do:
Technique 1 Freeze for Ease:
- Place votive holders in freezer for a few hours.
- The wax then will react to the cold, shrink, and then you can pop them out practically effortlessly.
Technique 2 Heat to Cheat
- Place votive upside down on a wax paper covered cookie sheet.
- Heat the oven at 200˚ F and keep checking to see when the wax melts away..
- Remove from oven with an oven mitt/towel and clean up with a paper towel.
Tip: Combine Technique 1 and 2 for the best results and less mess. First try Technique 1 to get rid of the bulk of the wax then let the glass get to room temperature and try Technique 2 to get any small stuck on wax off.
To minimize this clean up mess, next time just pour a tiny bit of water in the votive before placing the candle… make sure that the candle is not floating. The wax will melt into the water and not stick to the glass votive.