Pumpkin waffles? Gorgonzola Maple Syrup? What the heck is this combination?
Sounds different, doesn’t it?
The flavors of the earthy warm pumpkin pillow-like waffle takes flight as you taste the sweet top grade Maple Syrup and.. wait! What’s this? A salty almost spicy bite of what!? Gorgonzola!
If you are into Sweet and Savory this one is a must!
I have to admit one bite and I was dancing in my seat filled of joy, as my eyes rolled back!
What You Need:
For the Waffles:
- 2 ½ Cups of Cake Flour
- 2 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 2 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of milk or heavy cream
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Nutmeg
For the Syrup:
2 ounces of gorgonzola
1 Cup of Maple Syrup (Use the best all natural you can find)
1. In a mixer combine the butter, oil, pumpkin puree, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix until creamy.
2. Add the baking soda to the flour and add one cup at a time to the creamy mixture.
3. Add milk or cream slowly.
4. Follow instructions of your waffle maker and pour the batter in, and cook until indicated my waffle maker.
For Gorgonzola Maple Syrup:
1. Crumble the Gorgonzola in a bowl.
2. Pour in the Maple Syrup (preferably Maple Syrup that is Grade A or B)
3. With a spatula lightly mix them together but do not over mix! You want the syrup to stay true to itself with small chunks of gorgonzola. This way you are surprised when you get a piece of gorgonzola.