What You Need:
- Pasta (about 100grams per person, I used whole wheat)
- 5 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5-6 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 egg per person
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon White Vinegar
- Fill 2 pots of water a little over half way and place on the stove to bring to a boil.
- In one pot put about two teaspoons of salt and the other pot a teaspoon of vinegar… Remember which is which!
- Place pasta in the pot with the salt and follow cooking instructions.
- In a ramekin or small bowl place the egg. Once the pot with the water and vinegar is boiling adjust the heat to medium so that it isn’t boiling anymore and then place the egg one at a time drop into the water. For runny eggs place 4 eggs into the water and cook for 7 to 8 minutes.
- In a saucepan heat the olive oil on medium and add the garlic stirring until the garlic turns a golden color and remove from heat.
- Once the pasta is cooked drain, place it in with the garlicky olive oil so that it get covered.
- Place the pasta in the individual bowls and delicately transfer one poached egg on top.
- Add shredded cheese, fresh pepper, and a pinch of salt.