This culinary treat is a great way to impress your guests! It really quite simple to make and the end result is well worth the effort!
What You Need
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- Ground black pepper
- Fig preserves, about 3 Tablespoons (You can buy this in the Preserve or Jelly section.. it might be placed with the more fancy ones, but don’t freak out, the price shouldn’t be very different from the rest.)
- Rolling Pin
- Food Processor or mixing bowl if you don’t have one
- Cookie Cutter
- Plastic Wrap
- Baking Sheets
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- Butter your baking sheets so that the crackers don’t stick.
- In the food processor, place flour, butter, blue cheese, and pepper (the more pepper the more of a spicy kick it has). Mix (Process) the dough just until it comes together so that it forms a ball.
- Lightly flour the surface of your counter and dump the dough on it.
- Knead the dough a few times and make it into a flattened ball.
- Make sure to put a piece of plastic wrap twice the size of the flattened ball on both the top and the bottom. This keeps the dough from sticking to the roller.
- Roll it out until its about an 1/8 of an inch.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the top and using the round 1- inch cookie cutter, cut the crackers. TIP: place a bit of flour on the side and dip the cookie cutter into the flour each time you are going to cut the crackers. This way the dough doesn’t stick onto the cutter.
- Place each cracker onto your butter baking sheet.
- Using your index finger make an imprint in the middle of the cracker.
- Place a small dollop, about 1/4 Teaspoon in the imprint.
- Bake for about 10-13 min, or until the preserves are bubbling and the dough is a very light golden color.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes and then place on a cooling rack or just wait until they are completely cooled.