What?! You don’t have time to make the mushroom canopies, beet cannelloni with goat cheese filling, or mini cheese puffs? Bummer.. I always say, try to make it at home, it’s better for you and usually cheaper… but, if you can’t, don’t beat yourself over the head, or worst, not throw a get together; just fake it till you make it.
My one rule to this is not to forget to have a generous cheese selection, just in case.
- Spanakopita (Spinach pies)- I find the ones sold at Whole foods and Trader Joes to be yummy.
- Mini Quiche
- Marinated Mushrooms and Peppers
- Stuffed Olives
- Cheddar cookies or straws
- Mini puff pastry filled anything yummy
- Stuffed with:
- Caramelized Onions
- Really the selection is endless… choose whatever you like, just make sure to put a little note stating what they are. Don’t want any food allergy choking victims at your party.
- Tapenade: its like an olive pesto.. delicious
- Sun dried tomato pesto
- Crab spread
- Roasted and Salted
- Smoked Salmon: place on the side slices of lemon, a small dish of capers, and red onion chopped up finely
NOTE: Don’t forget to buy plenty of Water Table Crackers (I love Carr’s but you can find a much cheaper version at Trader Joes), mini toasts, and or sliced fresh French baguette.
- Remember Always to remove from plastic containers when serving. Presentation is what will make the food appealing. Place in real dishes please!