Dulce de Leche is as much part of my childhood memories (and adulthood) as going to school. This caramel forms part of Latin America’s dessert menu across the board. From mountains of alfajores (delicious softer than shortbread cookies filled with dulce de leche) to cakes layered with this and then drenched in decadent chocolate… dulce de leche can be found everywhere…
Now you can even find it homemade, in your cupboard.
What You Need:
- 1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4 Quarts of water ( plus more making sure the can is always covered)
- 1 pot
1. Place the water into the pot and bring it to a boil.
2. Add the can.
3. Cook for 3 hours making sure that the water level is always above the can.
4. Let cool.
5. Tataaaan Dulce de Leche at you’re your taste buds fingertips.