Yes, there are many of you that aren’t into Broccoli. This soup however, is rich, creamy, and soothing. Enjoy a nice bowl of Broccoli super with a dollop of creme.
What You Need:
- 1 1/2 lb. broccoli, trimmed, florets and stalks cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups of Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks of celery chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbs olive oil or butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt the butter or heat the oil over medium heat in the pot where you will be making the soup.
2. Add the onion and celery, stir and cook until the onions are transparent 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Add broccoli and stir. Make sure that the cooked onion, celery and oil/butter gets on every piece. Cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add stock and let simmer for 20 minutes and then remove from heat.
5. Let cool for 10 minutes.
6. With a blender or food processor puree the soup in batches and place back into the pot.
7. Reheat over medium heat and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
8. OPTIONAL add a spoonful of crème fraishe or sour cream and chives.