This delicious sauce is amazing on practically anything! Serve as a dip with pita chips, as a spread on sandwiches, on vegetables, and as a sauce with practically any chicken, meat, or fish, dish. Super easy to make yet adds a whole lots of flavor!
What You Need:
- 1 pint plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber, unpeeled and seeded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or whatever is to your liking
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced (cut very finely) fresh dill
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
1. Coarsely cut the cucumber and toss it with the salt.
2. Add the cucumber to the yogurt.
3. Mix in the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, dill, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
Serve immediately if you’d like but, I find the more hours your keep allow it to chill in the refrigerator the more the flavors stand out.