Spring is here, so its that time of year to say out with the old in with the new… That can mean a lot of things to different people, but for the purpose of this article let’s just stick to the materialistic.
It’s important to have a home free and clean of clutter… meaning get rid of the ridiculous things you are holding onto! I know it can be a bit overwhelming with all the stuff you have accumulated throughout the years… Where do you even start? No worries, I’ve got you covered with a lil list of 10 things to jump start the beginning of your newly de-cluttered year! Remember to donate what you can!
- Toss the ones that can’t be repaired
- Donate the ones you can’t bare.. meaning the one’s that don’t fit right and give you blisters.
- From an old relationship.
- From some show, amusement park, or event you went to a long time ago.
NOTE: I’m not really a huge fan of stuff that is useless and takes up space.. but I do understand that some people might have an emotional connection to this “stuff”.. take a picture of it and get rid of it .
8. Holiday or Greeting Cards
- Yes they are really nice to receive and hopefully this year you will do the same to return the thoughtfulness, but come on, you don’t have to keep them forever. If the card has a really special message go ahead keep it or better yet scan it so you can have it in a neat file.
7. Dishes and cheap accessories from your college days
- Let it go, let it go… Hopefully with the years you will upgrade your household items.
6. Junk Mail, Catalogs, and Coupons.
- It’s too easy to let this stuff pile up… don’t let it take over and invade your personal space!
- Your face is a delicate and obvious part of your body, so you don’t want to mess it up with outdated products. Click here to know when to toss out your makeup.
4. Fat Clothes
- We are all guilty of having pants or whatever clothing article that are a little big so that when you start packing on the pounds you can hide behind them. Just donate them already!
- Donate or sell old books you’ve read, university books, books that you have and haven’t been interested in reading the last few years.
2. Old Gadgets and their useless accessories
- Broken, old cellphones, ipods, controllers, etc with their wires and battery packs that don’t fit anything on the market shouldn’t be buried in your house.
NOTE: Don’t know where or how to get rid of your electronics? Click here to find out.
- Nothing is worst than old worn out underwear. If the elastic isn’t as elastic, the whites aren’t so white, and you can play peek-a-boo with them… throw them out!!
Happy Spring Cleaning!!